Sunday 24 March 2013

My daily essentials

Today, I'd like to talk through some of the products that I use on a daily basis. We all have those go-to items which make our lives a hell of a lot easier in the morning, and here are a few of mine;


Tesco Maximum Hold Hairspray - To me, hairspray is a must-have item everyday. Having dry hair, I find that I am quite prone to flyaways, and this 'cheap and cheerful' hairspray keeps them firmly in place!

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel moisturiser - Before the age of about 17, I steered clear of moisturiser, convinced that it would turn my face into an even bigger oil slick. That was until I found this; the gel-like formula is great for oily skin, leaving it feel soft and fresh. Also, the active ingredients are perfect for keeping spots at bay.

Baby wipes - one product I am not fussy about! I don't really mind which brand of wipes I use (though I do have a preference to the Boots Cucumber wipes), baby wipes are great as I seem to live at my house half the week, and the boyfriends for the rest of it. I love having wipes on me to freshen up, they are the perfect multi-tasker - and also work as furniture wipes!

Loreal Extraordinary Oil - I love using a hair serum to add shine and softness to my hair, but this one is so lightweight and smells delicious, it has to be my favourite! At around £10 it may seem expensive, but it lasts such a long time, you really do get your money's worth.

Chapstick - When it comes to lip balm, I tend to get slightly obsessive (I carry 4 different ones in my handbag!), I hate the feeling and appearance of dry, flaky lips so reapply lip balm frequently to keep them soft.

Mascara - This one needs little explanation; on a good skin day, all you need is a lashing of mascara and a slick of gloss and you're good to go!

Rimmel Stay Matte powder - Without this, my skin will be shiny by 10am. I dust this over the top of foundation and it seems to keep me matte for the best part of the day, which is really impressive.

Mitchum roll-on Deodorant - This is a 'gets the job doe' product. It doesn't smell amazing, but keeps me fresh and dry all day. As it's a roll-on, it also lasts for ages.

Distilled Witch Hazel - I use witch hazel as an alternative to a toner; it leaves my skin feeling really clean and fresh, and also helps to prevent spots. The best thing is, it costs under £2 and can be purchased from the supermarket!

So there you have it; my daily essentials. What products do you use every day? Are there products that you couldn't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment