Sunday 28 October 2012

Glossybox October 2012 Review


This is actually my second Glossybox (I will review the September one shortly). For anyone who isn’t familiar with Glossybox, it’s a monthly beauty box that gets delivered to your door and contains 4-5 luxury samples – the products change every month and can include body scrubs, lipsticks, moisturisers etc. all from top brands. It costs £10 + £2.95 p+p, so £12.95 a month.




My October box contained the following;

* Anatomicals ‘Don’t just clean it woman, scrub it’ Body Scrub
* Skinetica Anti-blemish Lotion
* Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure
* Yves Rocher Anti Wrinkle Moisturiser
* Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm
Well, I’m rather happy with this box I must say! It is really good value for money, as the moisturiser and the nail varnish are both full size, and worth £25 together! Glossybox have also done well in including a wide range of products (body, make up, skincare), though it would have been nice to see a haircare product in there! 
The body scrub is lovely – it has a refreshing grapefruit smell and small granules which exfoliate and smooth the skin. I’ve only used the Skinetica lotion once so far, it felt very gentle on my skin and does seem to have dried out the spots I’ve got, so hopefully it will clear them in a couple of days! The nail varnish again, is another winner for me. The colour is beautiful and the formula feels very luxurious and glides on the nails. I’m not a great fan of the beauty balm, as it does have a fairly thick texture, which is no good for people with oily skin like myself – it also doesn’t seem to offer any coverage. Last but not least, the Yves Rocher Anti-wrinkle moisturiser; this is the only product I haven’t properly tried yet, but from swatching it on my hand, it feels very light and sinks in quickly, so I’m looking forward to giving this a go. Whilst I don’t have any wrinkles yet, prevention is better than cure!
What do you think of this month’s Glossybox?

No comments:

Post a Comment