Monday 5 November 2012

Sample Review: Sanctuary Active Reverse 30 day Thermal Transformation

I do love my samples! I received this one in my 'Latest in Beauty' Little beauty box. This service is fab! If you've not heard of it before, I'll explain; you fill out a quick beauty profile on the website, then the clever system works out what products would work best for you based on your answers. You then choose a combination of 3 samples, pay £1.50 by text and wait excitedly for your box to arrive at the front door!

So, one of the products I chose to sample was the Sanctuary Active Reverse 30-day Thermal Transformation Mask (a bit of a mouthful, I know). It came in a very cute purple packet, and inside were two good-sized sachets. The idea is that this is a 2-step mask, consisting of a Peptide Transformation Serum, and a Thermal Rose Clay Mask.

Following the instructions, I plastered the sachets on my face in that order and waited 10 minutes before washing it off. The first thing to note is that when they say 'thermal', they're not lying! I've used a quite a few of these 'self-heating' face masks before, but none of them have ever had the power of this one, it really did feel hot! I also think the formula is ingenious - I don't know if this was done on purpose, but the serum seems to 'fix' the mask to your face. I find with most self-heating masks, they seem to melt and slide down your face very quickly, meaning you end up only wearing it for a few minutes. This just does not happen with the Sanctuary mask, meaning you get all the benefits of the mask for the full 10 minutes, which is great!

The only thing I didn't like was the smell - I'm not a great fan of rose at the best of times, and this mask absolutely reeked of it! But it gave me super smooth, clean skin, so I can't complain! I'd definitely like to try this mask again to see the effects after a few uses.


Have you tried this mask, or any Sanctuary product? Do you like the Latest in Beauty boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment