Monday 11 February 2013

Introducing...Mask Monday!

You heard it here first! Mask Monday is the new feature to Beauty on a Budget which does exactly as it says on the tin. Every Monday I will be reviewing a different mask, be it a hair mask, eye mask or ye olde faithful face mask.

This week is the Soap & Glory 'No Clogs Allowed!' Deep Pore Detox Mask. According to the tube, it is a 'super self-heating deep cleansing treatment for greasy or blackhead-prone skin'. It has a fresh, minty scent and  a creamy, slightly gritty texture. As with all of Soap & Glory's product, the packaging is retro and cute, so looks great on the bathroom shelf!


I was instructed to apply the mask all over my face, then wet my hands and rub in a circular motion until the mask turns blue - you can then wash it off straight away, or leave it on for a few minutes for a deeper clean. The mask feels really fresh on your skin; the particles exfoliate well, but do not leave your face feeling as though it has been stroked by sandpaper, which is always a plus!


Overall, I'm quite impressed by the Soap & Glory mask - it's thickness, colour-changing ability and beautiful smell make it feel oh-so luxurious. Best of all - it actually worked! My face felt fresh, my pores appeared smaller, and my skin felt smooth (though I did feel I needed a slick of moisturiser on top). I paid £9 when it was on offer in Boots (RRP £11), and have had 4 uses from the tube so far and it's still going strong! Personally I think this was a great buy, and definitely worth purchasing if you suffer from enlarged/blocked pores or dull skin (as I do!)

What is your favourite face mask for skin problems? Have you tried any Soap & Glory face products?

No comments:

Post a Comment