Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

Here are a few little snippets of things that brought me joy over Christmas (yes, Christmas. I realise it is slightly belated!).

As I think we all do, I felt very bloated and 'bleurgh' after the festive period, so decided to go on a weekend detox! During the detox, I ate nothing but fruit and vegetables, with the occasional serving of brown rice if I was hungry! I have mixed reviews on the detox, as on the first day I felt much 'cleaner' and had a lot of energy. However, I awoke on the 2nd day with a MASSIVE headache that would not budge. Now, I don't know if this was due to the detox or not, so I'd like to try it again hopefully with less painful results!


The photo below may explain why I felt the need to detox in the first place - too much alcohol! These have to be one of my all time favourite shots, even my mum is partial to one! Introducing, the Jammy Dodger! A mix of Chambord and Advocaat; if you are feeling to indulge (and aren't bothered about the calories), I highly suggest you whip up one of these beauties! 


And lastly - the Ugly. It is a little tradition in our family to make and bake lots of food-stuff over Christmas. This year, I decided to turn my hand to coleslaw. I made a last minute dash to the shops, and unfortunately all that was left was red cabbage - which explains why my coleslaw is that funny purple colour. Despite it's unique appearance, it was still gobbled down by the relatives!



So there you have it; the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of my Christmas! Funnily enough, they all revolve around food (story of my life) - Why not share 3 foodie images of your own? I look forward to seeing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment