Monday 4 February 2013

Sunday purchases

This Sunday, to top off my lovely relaxing weekend, I decided to take a trip down to my local B&M store (like a huge bargain store for those that don't live near one, think QD or Family Bargains) - It stocks everything! 

Among my purchases were these fabulous canvases, which were a complete steal at 2 for £4. You can't go wrong with bright colours and food! I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to put them up now, and keep them for moving out.


I also managed to pick up these 'magic beads' by W7. Nail beads are all over the internet at the moment and I have been dying to try them. However, I wasn't really wanting to spend a great deal if they were tricky to apply or didn't look great, so I couldn't believe it when I found this set for £2.99! (The set also includes a silver nail polish, and a mini funnel, not pictured).


My fears soon melted away when I realised how simple the beads were too apply - you simply paint your nails as usual, then shake the beads over the top (it's also worth covering them with a clear topcoat once dry, for added sticking power). They only took a few minutes longer than a usual manicure would take, but look so much fancier!


For me, B&M is a godsend; they always seem to stock thrifty-versions of high-end products, which means I am able to try them out before deciding whether it is worth investing in the real thing. They have recently starting stocking alcohol, which is always a plus! I'd definitely recommend checking one out if you haven't already, I think you'll be surprised with what you can pick up...


Are there any unusual stores you like to shop in for hidden gems? Have you tried nail beads yet, and what do you think of them?



No comments:

Post a Comment